Under the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services, the Financial Markets Administrative Tribunal may:
- Cancel, revoke or suspend a firm's registration or a representative's certificate or subject it to restrictions or conditions (art. 115).
- Impose an administrative penalty not exceeding $2 000 000 for each contravention (s. 115).
- Prohibit a person from acting as a director or officer of a firm (s. 115.1).
- At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers, for the purposes or in the course of an investigation, grant a freeze order (s. 115.3) and extend the order for a renewable period of 120 days (s. 115.3).
- At the request of the Autorité des marchés financiers, following a failure to comply with an obligation under the Act, order a remedial measure (see the list of measures in section 115.9) in order to remedy the situation or deprive a person of the profit realized as a result of the non-compliance.
- Require a person to repay to the Autorité des marchés financiers the costs incurred in connection with the inspection or investigation (s. 115.10).